Cookeville Regional Medical Center has taken their breast program to the next level and is now among the elite group of institutions nationwide providing breast care after receiving a three-year/full accreditation designated by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. This achievement makes Cookeville Regional’s breast program the only accredited breast center in the Upper Cumberland.
As the only accredited comprehensive breast care program in the region, CRMC is pleased to offer the following:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services for breast care
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education and support services
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care
- Quality breast care close to home
For more information about receiving care and why NAPBC accreditation matters to you as the patient, view the official NAPBC brochure.
Commission on Cancer
Cookeville Regional Medical Center has once again earned accreditation by the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer for its comprehensive cancer program. The approval was granted after a physician surveyor for the Commission on Cancer completed an on-site evaluation based on 34 standards of excellence. Cookeville Regional has voluntarily participated in the Commission on Cancer's accreditation process since 2003 to demonstrate its commitment to meet rigorous standards and improve the quality of care for patients with cancer.