Structural heart problems are quite common. Some conditions are mild and only need follow up care. Others are advanced and require cardiac testing and treatment. To treat patients in the Upper Cumberland with these types of heart problems, The Heart and Vascular Center at Cookeville Regional has added a new program to its list of comprehensive services to deal with structural heart problems.
CRMC's structural heart program is the only one of its kind in the Upper Cumberland with a team of interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and dedicated clinical support staff specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the valves and other vital structures of the heart. This new program expands the services offered through the Heart and Vascular Center, and thus, allows residents of the region to remain close to home for more specialized care.
Procedures performed at CRMC include:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) - minimally invasive alternative to open-heart surgery for severe aortic stenosis (narrowing) in patients who qualify
- Patent forament ovale repair - minimally invasive procedure to close the flap in the wall of the atrial septum
- Percutaneous perivalvular leak closure
- Balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV)
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) closure
- Traditional valve surgery
Procedures coming soon to CRMC include:
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) (Mitra Clip®) - a treatment for debilitating symptoms of mitral regurgitation (MR)
- Left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) (WATCHMAN™) - an alternative to long-term warfarin therapy for stroke risk reduction in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- OUTPATIENT CARE
- The Valve Clinic
- Tennessee Heart
- 228 W. 4th Street
- Cookeville, TN
The Valve Clinic is a part of the structural heart program for outpatient visits and follow up appointments.