Hours of operation
7 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Call the Cookeville Regional operator at 931-528-2541 to page the oncologist on call.
In an emergency, please report to the nearest emergency room.
To contact your oncologist
During regular business hours, call 931-783-2497. A receptionist will connect you with a member of your treatment team, who will assist you or direct your call to your physician.
To schedule an appointment
Scheduling an appointment at The Cancer Center at Cookeville Regional is easy. Whether you are a patient making your own referral or a physician making a patient referral, you can contact our receptionists at 931-783-2497.
If unable to keep a scheduled appointment
Please notify The Cancer Center at least 24 hours in advance.
Are there special instructions for my first visit?
Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and bring the following items with you:
- Most recent insurance cards
- Current medications in their original pharmacy bottles
You will be asked to fill out registration forms that include your contact information and insurance information.
You are encouraged to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointment. For safety reasons, children are not allowed in examination rooms or treatment areas.
Where do I park?
The Cancer Center at Cookeville Regional has a dedicated entrance and private parking for its patients located on the corner of Sixth Street and Cedar Avenue.
Here are some questions that you may want to ask
- What is my diagnosis?
- What is the stage of my cancer, and what does that mean?
- What are my treatment options?
- Of these, which do you recommend?
- What are the goals of my treatment?
- What are the benefits and risks?
- What symptoms and side effects might I expect, and what are some ways to manage them?
- How will this impact my daily life?
- Are there clinical research trials I may be eligible for?
For billing questions
A member of the billing office is available to discuss insurance benefits relating to your treatment and answer any questions you may have relating to balances for which you are responsible. Call 931-783-2497.