This position is responsible for facilitating patient flow in the office setting to ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Assists medical provider by accompanying them to record details into the Electronic Medical Record.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assistants with Certification as medical assistant or Licensed as a Practical Nurse with a Tennessee license required. Participation in continuing education programs, in-services/workshops is required as based on departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in a healthcare setting helpful, but not required.
· Working knowledge of medical terminology and accepted abbreviations
· Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details
· Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information
· Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
· Communication skills and the ability to coordinate and cooperate with multiple members of the health care team
· Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow
· Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
· Has command of the English language
· Shows commitment
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor under stressful circumstances
· Self-directing and pro-active after understanding goals
· Organization skills including time-management skills
Hospital Main Number: 931-528-2541